What are essential oils?
Essential oils are obtained from certain parts of plants like barks, herbs, leaves, and rinds.
It takes a tremendous amount of plant material to make essential oils, which can make some of them expensive. For example:
About 250 pounds of lavender flowers make 1 pound of lavender essential oil.
About 5,000 pounds of rose petals or lemon balm make 1 pound of rose or lemon balm essential oil. The essential oil that you choose will depend on the purpose—do you want it to help elevate your mood or do you need something to treat a burn? Essential oils can be used in aromatherapy, a complementary medicine that uses smell to improve your health, or topically applied to the skin. The oil has the flavor and scent or essence of plants and it has strong aroma compounds making it unique. The most popular essential oils are lemon, lemongrass, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree, and lavender.
Essential oils have a lot of benefits including:
- Calming: Essential oils help in reducing anxiety & have a soothing effect on the mind. Beneficial in reducing pain and lifting your mood.
- Nourishing hair: Highly helpful in treating both greasy and dry hair, it helps improve blood flow to the scalp. All the properties combine to nourish hair & give it a soft yet shiny texture.
- Softening skin: These oils alleviate wrinkles and help improve skin appearances. Calming redness and itching, reduces flakiness as it is full of antioxidants.
- Improving sleep: Essential oils can reduce stress & have an overall calming effect on the surroundings if put in a diffuser or applied topically. It helps relieve tension & headaches.
- Pain relief: An essential oil can provide fast relief to muscles, joints, and tendons for arthritis pain. Aromatherapy helps in reducing pain, as the oils can be absorbed through the skin. The topical application of oils has a soothing effect on the injured area.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Some essential oils have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation in the body. Anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing redness, pain & swelling.
ZeroYet100 is founded on the principle that natural is better. Our products are formulated with ingredients derived from nature with potent innate properties. Thus, nothing toxic yet totally effective.
Other than being just an anti-odorant, Zero Yet 100 deodorants are also packed with essential oils that bring benefits over and above what other natural deodorants provide. Our products are good for you & the planet as well.
The Z1 Spa Deodorant Push Up Stick is a unisex natural deodorant stick that’s always ready to go. The all-natural deodorant pot keeps pores open while helping you say goodbye to unwanted odors. The formulation doesn’t contain baking soda, making it perfect for those who have sensitive skin.
Z1 Spa Deodorant is filled with these essential oils:
Pine deodorizes while soothing and relaxing your skin.
Lemongrass not only relieves stress but is also antibacterial and antifungal.
Patchouli improves the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and blemishes. The calming scent also helps to alleviate stress.
Lavender soothes skin and calms your nervous system.
Sweet Orange is antibacterial and uplifting.
Palmarosa freshens and clears up your skin, while also boosting your mood with its soft, rosy scent.
The Z2 Woods Deodorant Push Up Stick is a unisex natural deodorant stick that’s always ready to go. The paraben-free and clean deodorant stick fades out unwanted body odors.
Z2 Woods Deodorant Push Up Stick is packed with these essential oils:
- Vetiver gently clears your blemishes while promoting relaxation
- Ginger root stimulates blood flow and keeps bacteria at bay
- Black pepper detoxifies the body
- Grapefruit tones your skin and uplifts your mood
- Lime is antiseptic and gives your energy a lil’ boost.
The Z3 Refresh Deodorant Push Up Stick is a unisex natural deodorant stick that is convenient to carry. The chemical-free deodorant stick naturally keeps you smelling and feeling fresh & has these essential oils:
- Cedarwood is a natural astringent and encourages your skin to build a stronger surface –protecting it from environmental toxins and gunk.
- Ylang Ylang is an antiseptic and calms your mind.
- Grapefruit tones your skin and uplifts your mood.
- Bergamot prevents infection and is a worry-buster.
- Lavender soothes skin and calms your nervous system.
The Z5 Snow Deodorant is formulated with all the good stuff in the other deodorants, minus the scent.
Perfect for sweaty peeps who are sensitive to fragrances who are sensitive to fragrances. There is an oil blend of almond, apricot, jojoba, Avocado, and vitamin E to smooth and nourish your skin.
The Z6 End Game Deodorant contains lavender, lime and peppermint essential oils – the trio for mental and physical rejuvenation.
- Lavender essential oil for soothing skin and relaxed senses.
- This essential oil helps produce a calm, tranquil and peaceful environment – perfect for a stressful day.
- Peppermint essential oil contains many cleansing properties which help further cool your skin under the scorching sun and will leave you feeling uplifted.
- A touch of the lime essential oil helps you experience a clear and energized mind.
Our gender-neutral, toxic-free products are suitable for children, to-be-moms, already grandparents….and everyone in the family. ZeroYet100 aims to empower you to take the best care of yourself, your loved ones, and the world around you. No compromises required. You can shop all our products here.